Thursday, April 30, 2009

The old in new again


I as usual, was surfing the web and found a cute idea and stole it from House of Wren. I just love old vintage things and wanted one of my own. This little pretty was a table runner I purchased at a local thrift store in a bag of material for $2. The handles are from another table runner that was also in the bag. The pieces were not complete pieces they had flaws or holes but as you can see vintage is still beautiful. I hope this inspires you to whip out that sewing machine and grandmas old pillow cases, tea towels, or table runners that they so lovingly made and don't let them sit and waste away. Directions are on the link I included. Have fun and use your imagination. If you do make something send me a picture I would love to see it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute little purse you made there!! Love the box of buttons! As usual your little bag books are adorable...... We will have to get together and scrapbook after graduation.... I have everything put away for now. I have no time to scrap anyway! Thanks for making the wreath for my front door.... I LOVE IT!!!! CF